I LOVE chocolate!!! And I love mixing it with other goodies to make those goodies even better!!!! =)
So, here is a YUMMY, EASY treat that your kiddos can do!! My daughter is three years old and had no trouble whatsoever making these. I did the microwaving, she did the rest!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
All you need is :
- a bag of pretzels (we used the big stick pretzels. Wal-Mart brand just $1.50)
- Microwavable Chocolate =) The baking isle is full of it!!!! I used the big blocks of it by Plymouth Pantry (just $2.50)
- Wax Paper
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Sprinkles (optional, but makes the pretzels look more festive)
****Of course, if you are letting your kiddos help, PLEASE be careful when working with the hot chocolate and the mixing bowl will be hot when you get it out of the microwave.****
Break chocolate into small squares and microwave....use the instructions on the package...
- Use a spoon to help coat chocolate on the pretzel sticks.
This was Kensey's favorite part.... well, aside from actually EATING the chocolate covered pretzel....
- Place the chocolate covered pretzels on wax paper to let them cool and harden
- Sprinkle fun little sprinkles on your pretzels =)