subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You HAVE to try this DIP!!!!

Ok, I LOVE to cook and put thing together in the kitchen... just can't help it!!! It's the Domestic Diva that is buried somewhere deep inside of me trying to get out, I suppose. So, when I run across a new recipe that sounds scrumdiddlyumptious I HAVE to try it. I ran across one of those recipes the other day. It is actually a recipe for a shrimp/artichoke dip. This is the PERFECT time of year for such a recipe with holiday parties and such. It's the perfect little appetizer, so I thought I would share it =)

Prep Time: 15 minutes

1 Pk (1 ounce) Hidden Valley(R) Original Ranch(R) Dip Mix
1 Container (16 ounces) sour cream
1 pk (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
*1 can (4 ounces) cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
1/2 cup diced red pepper

Stir the dip mix and sour cream in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the shrimp, artichoke hearts and red pepper and mix lightly.

*I didn't have shrimp in a can... all I had was frozen large shrimp, so I used those and chopped them in smaller pieces. Worked perfectly.

I like this dip with Triscuits(R) and/or Wheat Thins(R)
YUMMY and DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments: