subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

no pain, no glory

Tuesday I decided to shake things up a bit at the gym. As usual, I went to my jazzercise class. As always, it was a blast! Our fantastic instructor, Jamie, had a new routine ready for us to learn. Love the "new" moves!! Got an insanely wonderful sweat from the class. BUT, then I made a decision to stay after jazzercise and do Boot Camp which is right after the jazzercise class.
If you remember my previous post about boot camp, it totally kicks my butt. So, here I am, already sweaty from jazzercise, saying, "I think I'm going to boot camp"!! I got a few gasps and a few "ARE YOU SERIOUS"?!!! remarks, but I just grinned and said, "yeah"! And that's just what I did.
I love the fact that our boot camp instructor, Suzanne, keeps things really fresh and changes things up every class. We NEVER do the exact same routines, which is fabulous on a number of levels! It keeps my body guessing and I don't get bored (big plus)!
She pushed us and pushed us HARD!! I felt like my legs were going to spontaneously turn to Jell-O at any moment, but I pushed through the pain. I still have my suspisions that our instructor isn't human, but I will have to investigate this theory further at another time :)
I was proud of myself for pushing through! It was a fabulous workout!! And the GREAT cardio with jazzercise coupled with the intense workout of boot camp felt like an amazing combination that really felt like it is going to pay off. I liked it so much, I'm doing it again tonight :)

No comments: