subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

too busy....trying something new

Isn't it insane that we get sooo busy that we put our self on the back burner? Sometimes, it's so crazy, I don't even put myself on the counter top much less the "back burner"...
I made a commitment to myself that I will get and stay healthy this year... That has involved a lot of things; giving up Coke (check) working out everyday (um.....check?) Yeah, there that went out the window. I didn't do it purposely, it just got pushed so far back on the agenda that it didn't make it in to the plan of action for the day. I LOVE working out. I seriously think that I may be developing an addiction to it, but I'm ok with that. But for the last couple of days, I haven't worked out at all. I LOVE my gym time, and there has been too many other things on my calendar that rooted that out this week. And there have been other things that have demanded my time that I haven't even popped in my 30 Day Shred DVD.
There has to be a good balance!! What is it?!! What am I missing?!! I usually workout at least 5 days a week, but I'm off to a sad, sad start this week. No gym yesterday. I had to get my CPR certification right during the time I would be at the gym. It was something that HAD to be done, so there was no getting around that... AND Mondays are choreographed to fit in my workout time between 6 and 7. So, it was a no go this Monday...
Today, however, our jazzercise instructor is not going to be there so no jazzercise... I'm terribly sad about this, but there is another class that I have been putting off giving a try because, frankly, I'm a big weenie!!! This class is called Boot Camp. I have heard it is BRUTAL!! So, the name and the testimonial has scared me off from trying it thus far. Today, I don't have an excuse. So, I'm going to give it a try. I have already blocked off the time for my gym time, so time will be on my side tonight. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I have at least one friend who will be there tonight, so I won't be "alone". BUT YIKES!!! I may not be able to walk tomorrow.
So, here is to trying new things!! AND not being TOO BUSY for myself.

No comments: