subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shredding

So, I was inspired by a girl named Emily who loves math to start blogging about my workout experience :) I mean, I blog about everything else, right? And right now I'm really into my new year's resolution of getting into shape...for real this time; no excuses. So, after reading Emily's blog on 30 Day Shred (which I also am doing) I decided, "What a fabulous idea". And here I am...
As mentioned, I am doing the 30 Day Shred in addition to my gym workouts. I'm LOVING it, in that bittersweet sort of way. The shred is definitely a challenge, but when I complete a workout, I feel really energized and pleased with myself for checking off another day of the workout. It also helps that I have a few friends that are shredding right a long with me. Great accoutability for getting my booty into gear with it as much as possible.
So, I finished Level 1 Day 6 yesterday. So, today will be Level 1 Day 7. I'm really excited!! As I check off the days completed I see a significant improvement in my endurance and strength. It is really excited to feel your body change in this way. And that is added motivation to pop in the shred in the DVD player every day.
So, hopefully, I will keep up with my workouts here on my blog. I think it will be some added encouragement to me. So, for those of you who are doing the shred along with me, Happy Shredding!!

1 comment:

randa said...

ok...I must admit, I have not been shredding like I should. I have barely been home the last couple of days. I shall start back on it today...but I can't in good conscience (sp?) start at day 6 where I should be...I shall start back at day one.