subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

ZUMBA

I am ridiculous excited about a workout class. Yes, its true (: I love working out, but more than that, I love having fun. I have wanted to try Zumba ever since I heard of it about 5 months ago. BUT living in the location that I do (Podunk , USA) there isn't a lot of establishments that offer a wide variety of workout options. We have only had a Curves up until this past year when Eastland Memorial Hospital finally finished the health and wellness center which is AWESOME. I have not gotten a membership as of Oct. 1st 11:43 AM, but it is on my list to do ASAP. BECAUSE, I found out Wednesday that they offer Zumba classes. Hello!!! Can we say STOKED?!!! I believe we can. And I was!!!
If you are wondering what in the world Zumba is, here is what the wikipedia says about it:
"A Zumba workout mixes body sculpting movements with dance steps derived from cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, hip hop, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso and Salsaton. The routines feature aerobic interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms. It targets areas such as the glutes, legs, arms, abdominals, and the heart. A Zumba class is typically not formulaic in that instructors often add on their own music choices and choreographies to make their class presentation locally unique."
So there ya go.... FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I can't wait.
Yes, I'm excited!!

No comments: