subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Potato Casserole

Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE cooking.  And I LOVE getting a new recipe!!!   I'm not stingy... when I get a recipe that I love, I always share =)
So, I actually got this recipe about two years ago from my husband's Aunt Snoozybird (that's what we call her) in NY.  She had made it for a family picnic and after tasting the yummy deliciousness, I HAD to have the recipe!  It was incredible!!!   Let me interject a WARNING here for all of you who are being mindful of calories and fat: This is not, I repeat NOT, low-cal!!!  In fact, it's pretty much FULL of calories and fat, but ya know, it's one of those feel good, comfy foods and it's ALWAYS a hit at any gathering.
So, here is Aunt Snoozybird's Potato Casserole Recipe... I'm not sure where she got it, so I'm just crediting her.  And I WISH I had a picture, but I don't.  When I share a recipe, I always like posting a pic of the dish I made, but I haven't made it today.  Just wanted to share the recipe ;)


Aunt Snoozybird's Potato Casserole Recipe:

1 pkg. frozen hash browns
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 pint sour cream --- told you it wasn't low-cal =)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
6 Tbls melted butter/margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Thaw potatoes well ( I grease a casserole dish and put them in the oven to thaw out really well.  Just keep a close eye on them)
Mix ingredients together and put into a well greased dish

Can be mixed ahead and stored in the fridge and also freezes well to use later.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until it bubbles in the middle.

This is definitely a down home, southern recipe even though my aunt is from NY... It's one of those warm, comfy, stick to your ribs dishes!!  So, ENJOY!!!  But make sure you schedule extra exercise that day to work off all that sour cream, cheese and butter ;)



4 comments:

Heidi said...

This IS a wonderful recipe... there are many variations, but I think yours is pretty close to the one I make. I sometimes put crushed cornflakes mixed on top too! Yum. If I wasn't watching what I was eating, I'd make it tonight :) Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

Hi Kandy, thank you so much for your sweet comments on my post today. Sometimes you throw yourself out there and then worry that you're the only one! It helps to know I'm not alone. I'm so glad we found each other :) Thanks for adding our button too and I'm snagging yours!

Kandy said...

Aww...thanks!!! It was incredibly refreshing to read your blog post!!! It's also refreshing to read another Christian blogger!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Mmm I'm definitely going to try this

<3, New Follower