subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Handy Dandy Doo....

So, I'm still caught up on this "HANDMADE" kick!!  I would seriously LOVE to hand make EVERYTHING I possible can... I have already tried my hand at handmade totes...my very FIRST attempt of looking at a pattern (reading it was trying to read a foreign language), and actually producing something out of fabric, thread and my sewing machine!
Here's how that turned out:













And then, I had this incredible fabric that was just needing to be made into throw pillows that match my living room really well =)  That was really easy!  Surprisingly so!  And I LOVED it!!!  Something about being at my sewing machine just feels right!!  I'm sad that, at age 34, I'm just now giving this a try.  But, nevertheless, here I am and I'm loving it!!
Here's the pillows:











So, next on  my list is to actually try to make some articles of clothing... I'm sure I will use my daughter as a Guinea pig, but ya know...
I have already had an addiction with making hairbows... Now I'm branching out with other hair accessories as well. ... I've always loved anything VINTAGE, so it is only natural that I try out vintage style hair accessories...which, by the way, people are loving!!!  So, I'm definitely making much, much more of those... I've even created another blog http://thekandyshoppe.blogspot.com/  Check it out and follow me there =)
Here's an example:


                                                                                        











Also my to-do list, LEARNING HOW TO KNIT!!!  YES!!!! I LOVE the look of anything that is knitted, so that is my next crafty thing to tackle.  There is actually a lady who told me she would teach me the basics, so I'm totally going to take her up on the offer!! So excited about that!

So, 2011 looks like a year of craftiness for me!  I'm I'm totally excited about it!!   I have a lot of things in my mind that I want to try out and also some projects that I want to tackle... Any ideas on other crafts or projects I should try out?  I would love to know about them!!  I would also love to see what others are making =)  So, share, share, share... also, any suggestions of other craft blogs, I'm all ears!!  I heart blogs!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments: