subtitle

Being a mom, wife, sister, friend, amatuer blogger, crafter, wanna-be super hero... and enjoying the adventure that comes with it!

Friday, August 3, 2012

~MIA~ Oh, My!

Yes, I have been MIA when it comes to my blog... Shameful! It's true! I have been busy, though, so I kinda have an excuse ;) My Shop has kept me busy, which is a good thing. I'm telling you, getting a tiny, little, handmade shop off the ground takes A LOT of time and effort and more time and MORE EFFORT! ...But I will add that it's been fun! AND a great learning experience. I am also making GREAT connections with so many wonderful and insightful AND knowledgeable people! So, even with tons of TIME and EFFORT being put into this, I'm getting SO MUCH MORE out of it! I am on Etsy (still) with my shop and I also have a FAcebook page that is SLOWLY growing... I emphasize SLOWLY! LOL... I will say that I have FINALLY made it to 300 fans!!! YAY!!! Facebook is fun because it allows me to interact so much with my fans. I do lots of giveaways and contests; it's a total blast for me. I hope it is at least half as fun for my fans! I am also expanding the types of items I make and offer. THIS is the MOST fun!!! I am getting more and more comfortable behind my sewing machine which is really opening up possibilities and a WORLD of enjoyment for me! WIN/WIN all around! I offered a new item in my shop and on FAcebook and people really LOVED it and my sales really boosted! THAT was exciting! It was the biggest activity I had seen with my little shop! It not only proved that I loved my item, but a lot of other people liked it as well. My Rockabilly, Retro Twisty Headbands:
It is safe to say that this item will be a favorite of mine for a long time! I LOVE wearing them myself, but I love them even more because of the attention it gained my little shop! So, I'm continuing to "spread my wings" and "get my feet wet" in the world of Etsy and Facebook and marketing and networking and etc, etc, etc--- I am having such a blast along the way and loving and appreciating the friendships I'm making along the way! So, as I end this blog post today, I want to encourage you to go ahead and take a leap. Believe in yourself. Branch out of your comfort zone. Connect with POSITIVE like-minded people and HAVE FUN!!!

1 comment:

Luella Newkirk said...

Lovely post, Kandy! What darling headbands! Your joy in creativity is infectious. Best of wishes on your shop!